From the Guidance Office
It is our job to help guide students beyond TCCA. From testing to college planning, the TCCA Guidance Department provides support to students throughout the year, and have information that will help students plan their future.
Important Information for the College Bound:
What to be working on now in the college application process:
- Finalize your list of colleges to which you want to apply.
- Proofread your application essays for mistakes.
- Finish your application essays after having parents and/or teachers review them.
- Ask for letters of recommendation.
- Apply to colleges with rolling admission (first-come, first served) as early as possible. Keep hard copies.
- Make sure your SAT and ACT scores are sent to each of the colleges to which you are applying.
- Be aware of deadlines.
- Request that transcripts be sent to each of the colleges to which you are applying.
- Get PINs from www.pin.ed.gov in order to file the FAFSA later
New Hampshire Higher Education Assistance Foundation Network
Did you know that you have no-cost access to career and college planning tools? Check out the New Hampshire Higher Education Assistance Foundation Network's website at http://www.nhheaf.org/. The reverse side of the flyer located at http://www.nhheaf.org/pdfs/CCPFlyer.pdf briefly describes Kuder Career Planning Services and Bridges which compares colleges and helps you prepare for the SATs. Please contact Mrs. West at firstname.lastname@example.org for more information.
Please contact the Guidance Office if you are interested in learning more about any of these opportunities.